Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mile High

My wife and I just got back from Denver last night, and we had a great trip. She was attending a conference, and I was along for a much needed vacation from the news business. I'm a cameraman for a local TV station, and the events of the last couple of months demanded that I get away for a bit.

I recommend visiting Denver to anyone who wants to go. I didn't know what to expect, but I found that the people were just as friendly as the people here at home. The city also seems to have a decent public transit system, though my experience was limited to the downtown Mall Ride and a trip to the end of the light-rail line after the Broncos game, but that is another blog for another time.

While my wife was spending her time in meetings, I was taking Oreo's Walking Tour. This tour started at my hotel, but the route was determined by interesting buildings along the way. When I saw one that interested me, I walked toward it. This led me from the Capitol Building all the way to Invesco Field at Mile High, which is quite a hike, but took me past all the major landmarks. In all, it was a great way to spend 4 hours, and get some much needed exercise to boot!

No comments: